Various concessions and schemes in Queensland that can help parents of a child with Autism.
Medical Aids Subsidy Scheme (MASS)
- MASS can provide continence aids to people over 5 years of age who are incontinent – an OT or incontinence nurse can assist with the paperwork and selecting the appropriate aids.
- MASS can also provide communication aids (eg AAC device) as prescribed by a speech and language pathologist.
- Concessions available in Qld for various concession cards.
Carer Business Discount Card
- Carers of Health Care Card holders can apply for a Carer Business Discount Card (Qld), for discounts at participating businesses/government places. Every little bit helps!
National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS)
- Eligible tenants, who fulfil the means- and income-tests, can rent NRAS properties whose rent is capped at 80% of market rate.
School Transport Assistance Scheme
- Provides some financial or transportation assistance towards transporting children to school.
Get in the Game
- “Get in the game” – Qld State Government initiative providing $150 towards helping children on a health care card participate in eligible sports.